Friday, January 8, 2010

Black Love 5

i visited him every single day
he was the only thing that made me remember my brother
my mother removed all his pictures around the house because she would cry whenever she saw them and she feared i would too. no one was allowed to speak of him in our house anymore
my father started to work in order to forget about it too
my mother was always crying in her room
but meshal, he was the one who spoke of my brother as if he was a hero
he was the one who told me about everything he had done in order to protect me
all the people he had to fight with
all the people he had to befriend
all of it.

the days passed and danah and i were drifting apart
she hated how i was friends with meshal
she always said that i liked him
i kept telling her that i saw my brother in him and that was the only reason i spent more time with him than i did with her.
she didnt believe me
she kept saying that meshal and i were in a relationship and i was scared to tell her
she was simply jealous
and of what? i had no idea

4 years and 10 months and 5 days after the death of my brother
danah called me up
i was surprised
i hadnt spoken to her in a long time
she told me that she had to see me
she told me that it was urgent
i knew that i had to go...

i called meshal and told him not to call me for an hour or two since i was meeting her
he hated the idea
he told me not to
he told me to not believe anything she said
he spoke as if he feared she would tell me something
something he clearly didnt want me to know
i was engaged to meshal
we were going to get married in a month
and this is the only reason i told him where i was going
i told no one else
no one needed to know

i entered chocolate bar and waited for her
she came
she looked different
she had lots of makeup on
and she was wearing the tightest clothes
things she never used to do when we were friends
i guess people change

she sat down and looked at me with a smirk
she said that it was time she told me
and i was ready to hear it
the whole truth

she started to tell me how she always thought that wahab was a gentleman
she said she always had a crush on him
that she loved him since we were kids
i looked at her with confusion in my eyes
is this why she called me?
to talk to me about a crush she had over my dead brother?

she sensed my discomfort so she changed the topic
she told me about how she was always jealous of me
how all the guys wanted me although she was the better looking one
how i got things i never asked for
while she needed to ask a million times before she managed to get anything
how i had the perfect family
while her parents constantly hit her whenever they thought she did something wrong
i told her to stop
i didnt need to hear this
to waste my time on her childish memories of hatred
i got up to leave

but she also got up and held me by the wrist
"dont u wanna hear about how and why your brother died?" she asked
"he got murdered by some creep called 3abood.."
"thats not the whole story, so unless u dont wanna hear it, i suggest u stay for a while and bear with me" and with that she sat down with triumph and looked at me expecting me to sit down.

how my brother died?
i knew how he died
what more was there for her to tell me...
my phone started ringing
7ayatie <3 was flashing on the screen
i was going to pick it up
but danah started to laugh
and told me
"if its meshal dont answer, he's scared that i tell u the truth. or answer him and tell him to call u back in a while. u need to hear this before talking to him"
i answered him
"7abeebi, im still with danah ill call u in a bit ok?"
"um ok, is everything ok?"
"yea, why wudnt it be?"
"oh no nothing"
"ok then bye."

and with that i closed the phone
and waited for danah to tell me the rest of the story
i knew that she had the facts
and i wanted to hear them
every single one of them.

4 comments: